Fine Fragrance sales had a continued strong growth momentum throughout 2010, delivering 18.3% growth compared to 2009. Customers increased their inventories at the beginning of the year and returned to more normalised order patterns towards the end of the year. This performance was strongly supported by an inflow of new wins, in all key segments including prestige mass, specialty retail and direct sell.
On a regional basis Europe and North America delivered strong double-digit gains. In Latin America, the business delivered solid volume gains building on the exceptionally strong growth in 2009. The pipeline of briefs and new wins continuously improved throughout the year.
Givaudan had another strong showing at the annual award ceremonies in the USA, France, UK, Germany and Italy where the following products with Givaudan fragrances won awards:
- FiFi® Awards in the USA: Marc Jacob’s Lola was the Fragrance of the Year, Women’s Luxe; Victoria Secret’s Love Rocks’ won Women’s Private Label Fragrance of the Year; John Varvatos Artisan and Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence were selected for Best Packaging Awards.
- Grand Prix du Parfum in France: Nina Ricci’s, Ricci Ricci won the Best Women’s Fragrance and Design; Paco Rabanne One Million won The Perfume Shop Fragrance of the Decade Award for Men.
- FiFi® Awards in the UK: Marc Jacob’s Lola was the Best New Prestige Fragrance for Women; D&G Rose the One won the House of Fraser People’s Choice Award for Women; Gucci by Gucci pour Homme won the House of Fraser People’s Choice Award for Men; Paco Rabanne One Million won The Perfume Shop Fragrance of the Decade Award for Men.
- Cosmetic Executive Women’s Beauty Awards in the USA: Marc Jacob’s Lola won Women’s Scent Prestige, John Varvatos Artisan won Men’s Scent, Avril Lavigne Black Star won Women’s Scent Mass.
- Duftstars in Germany: Marc Jacob’s Lola won Parfum Exclusif Femme; Paco Rabanne One Million won Best Prestige Men and Grand Prix du Public Prestige; Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male was Parfum Classique Homme.
- Accademia del Profumo in Italy: Marc Jacob’s Lola won Best New Prestige Fragrance for Women; Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile won Best Olfactive Creation for Women; Calvin Klein CK Free won Best Perfume of the Year for Men.
In addition to the above mentioned awards, the Company further demonstrated its leadership position with Miriad® 2.0, which was the winner of this year’s FiFi® Technological Breakthrough of the Year award for Fragrance Creation and Formulation. This was reinforced by the launch of iPerfumer, a new application for the iPhone to help consumers navigate the perfume market. This tool is available for free download from the Apple App Store.
New perfumes created by Givaudan during the year included:
- Eternal Magic
- Herve Leger Femme
- Signature Orange Sapphire
- Victoria’s Secret Bombshell
- Peace, Love & Juicy Couture
- Tommy Hilfiger Loud for Her
- Amo Chamego
- Ekos Águas De Banho Ópera Amazonica Canto Vermelho
Procter & Gamble
- Gucci Guilty
- Boss Orange Sunset
- Tommy Hilfiger Loud for Him
Procter & Gamble
- Boss Bottled Night
- Gucci by Gucci Homme Sport
- The Secret By Antonio Banderas